Year 3 2019 - 2020
Additional Ideas for Learning at Home
We have added below extra websites and activities to complete whilst you are at home. Please remember there are no expectations of what you should do, you and your parents need to work out a timetable that works best for you all. However, if you do have any questions then please do not hesitate to email on the below address, your email will be forwarded to us:
We will update this page again, so keep checking. In the meantime, review the new additional activities under 'Files to Download' for more information and of course, keep on reading for the Rainbow Challenge!
- Handwriting practise – Make sure all of your writing sits on the line and the descenders fall below the line (f, g, j, p, q, y). Your ascenders need to be tall (b, d, f, h, k, l, t). Do remember not to join capital letters!
- Instructions – write out a set of instructions for someone else to follow. This could be on how make a pizza, play a board game or computer game or plant some seeds. Try to follow a chronological order, include materials needed, imperative (bossy) verbs, picture/diagram and time connectives.
- Write a diary entry.
- Write a book review.
- Write and perform a play.
- Follow David Walliams on Instagram and listen to his free audio story at 11am every day.
- See 'Literacy Ideas' in the Files to Download section at the bottom.
- Continue to practise your times tables with TT Rockstars.
- Play multiplication Bingo to test yourself.
- Cook or bake and focus on the units of measurement you will use.
- Design and make your own board game to include numbers/counting.
- Colour pictures with symmetrical or geometric patterns.
- Roll three dice then use the numbers to complete an addition calculation.
- Learn or develop your knowledge on telling the time.
If you can, have a look at the White Rose Home Learning page on fractions. The below link follows a series of lessons, which can be completed at home. It also includes explanation videos and worksheets. The scheme follows on from where we left off and also begins to introduce telling the time:
After Easter, our topic will be the Egyptians, we have already provided some activities in your pack, but you could also:
- Read myths and legends linked to Egypt https://www.literacyshed.com/the-myths-and-legends-shed.html
- Create a fact file on the Egyptian pyramids and how they were built, even make a 3D pyramid – be inventive with the materials you use! https://www.ducksters.com/history/ancient_egyptian_pyramids.php
- Draw or paint an Egyptian artefact. https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/clips/zb4kjxs
Additional and Useful websites:
‘PE with Joe’ every morning at 9am - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAxW1XT0iEJo0TYlRfn6rYQ
Files to Download
Year 3: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 3: Blog items
There are no blog items to display