Overleigh St. Mary's CE Primary School, a caring centre of learning where all individuals are inspired and enabled to achieve.
We want our school to be:
- An inclusive school where everyone is valued.
- An enjoyable, happy and calm place to learn.
- A safe haven for children.
- A welcoming environment with friendly staff and pupils.
- An active and valued part of the local community.
- Proud of its mutually supportive partnership with parents and carers.
Through our creative approaches to teaching and learning we will work hard to:
- Inspire and challenge all learners to achieve their maximum potential through a reflective approach to teaching and learning and through the creation of a stimulating learning environment.
- Offer a range of innovative teaching strategies to cater for the needs of all children's learning styles.
- Foster an independent approach to learning where mistakes are seen as part of the learning process.
- Encourage a positive and enthusiastic attitude to school where the achievements of all are celebrated.
- Uphold the traditions and values of the Christian church promoting tolerance, respect and understanding of other's beliefs.
- Help children to grow socially, intellectually, spiritually, emotionally and morally developing a sense of citizenship.
As a school community we aim to:
- Develop, confident and self assured children and staff encouraging a sense of well being for all.
- Build a supportive team who make time to share their values, interests, concerns, and life experiences.
- Be fair, fostering a sense of mutual respect, offering positive role models to others.
- Be effective communicators at all levels sustaining close links between parents, pupils, staff, governors and the local community.
- Be forward thinking in our approaches.
- Be self-evaluative and outward looking, learning from our mistakes, from each other and from the world around us.